Sister or daughter-language?
- five vowels as y and i has collapsed into one
(written i in the orthography)
- Nazalized vowel-series
- All instances of consonant + r has become H
- r is only found just after vowels, just before only
- þ and ð have collapsed, unvoiced except between
- Plosives are unvoiced in coda (not marked), voiced plosives
cannot be aspirated (d' > t, b' > p, ge > k)
- Bare vowels (no coda, or vowel in coda not follwed by C) is
- fewer diphthongs: just aì eì oì ié
iá iú aó, all others are collapse to these, no
(N>2)thongs, just series of diphthongs/standalone vowels
Loans from other languages than taruven. Personal pronouns: sa
1s, sin 1p, u 2s un 2p, e 3s ven 3p. Most words that end with -Vn
in taruven (these not marking number) are nasalized V.